From Messiah to Preexistent Son
Jesus' Self-Consciousness & Early
Christian Exegesis of Messianic Pslams
By Aquila H. I. Lee
396 pages, Illustrated, 6 ¼" x 9 ¼"
$137.50 Paper Original
How did the earliest Christians come to see Jesus as a divine and preexistent being alongside God? Aquila Lee proposes that the root of preexistent Son Christology is to be found in early Christian exegesis of the two messianic pslams (the catalyst) in the light of Jesus' self-consciousness of divine sonship and divine mission (the foundation).
1. Development & Origin of Jesus' Pre-existence.
JEWISH DIVINE PRESENCE/ACTION TRADITIONS
2. Personified Divine Attributes.
3. Exalted Angels & Pre-eistent Messiah.
FOUNDATION FOR PRE-EXISTENT SON CHRISTOLOGY
4. Jesus' Self-Consciousness of Divine Sonship
5. Jesus' Self-Consciousness of Divine Mission.
CATALYST FOR PRE-EXISTENT SON CHRISTOLOGY
6. Early Christian Exegesis of Pslam 110:1
7. Exegesis of Psalm 2:7
ESSENCE OF PRE-EXISTENT SON CHRISTOLOGY
8. "God Sent His Son."
Bibliography. Indexes of Authors, References, Subjects.
Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament 2, No. 192
Return to Coronet Books main page