When Women Unite!
The Making of the Anti-Liquor Movement in Andhra Pradesh, India
Stockholm Studies in Social Anthropology, No. 60
By Marie Larsson
Stockholm University Doctoral Thesis
Distrubuted by Coronet Books Inc.
278 pages, Illustrated, 6 1/2 x 9 1/2"
$89.50 Paper Original
1. Introduction: Frameworks of Alcohol & Gender. Social Movements & Gender. South India.
2. Temperance as a Woman's Issue: Social Reform Movement. Temperance Movement. Caste. Extremists. Gandhi. Protests Against Alcohol Consumption. Mobilization for Women's Rights & Temperance.
3. Anti-Arrach Movement
4. Intra-Households Relations & Discources on Gender in Rural Andhra Pradesh.
5. Protest Politics Among the Middle Class
6. Advoctes, Adversaries & Beneficiaries within the Prohibition Field
7. Imagined Community of Protest.
8. Global-National-Local Contexts.
Return to Coronet Books main page